My Photo
Name:Melissa Antes
Location:Fredonia, New York, United States



+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

render time

So I may have found the reason for my ridiculous render times of late. (Aside from the fact that I have been known to edit frame-by-frame, and have far more layers than anyone would ever think of using...though on this project, I don't seem to be that much in excess.)

It was the freaking compression encoding, which's what was messing everyone up getting the movie files into final cut. I turned compression entirely off when I went to start re-exporting my after effects files just now (had a few things to tweak and fix that hadn't shown up in previews), and holy hell IT'S GOING SO FAST!!!! Like in less than a minute, I could see part of the blue bar! It was taking like five minutes to get that far for me before. It's like, between a fifth and a fourth finished now, and granted this track doesn't have much done to it, but IT'S ONLY BEEN ELEVEN MINUTES.

*bouncing joyously all around the lab*

So anyone else having mad ridiculous render times... try that. ^^; wow.

I may have been making new versions of the happy mac render sign for no reason...

...nah. They're still so cute. <3


+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

touch me and I will rape you in your sleep
music
Tom is a black hole of luck
re-touched proposal for mapping video
proposal for mapping video (proj 1)
listening hw
homework
meda 352
website
technology...

my livejournal
***stardust
emulsion01
Desert Songs
MEDA 265
MEDA 352
MEDA 495
capstone - beneath the dust
Blogger